Sustainable and Smart – How can Products, Services and their Combination be designed economically and at the same time socially and ecologically?
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Anke (Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden)
- Prof. Dr. Markus Beckmann (Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Andreas Jenne (Sustainability Officer, REHAU)
- Dr. Katharina Peine (Head of Product and Innovation, HighQ)
- Christian Sojka (CEO, SOJKA Group GmbH)
Organization & moderation
- Dr. Christian Zinke-Wehlmann (Universität Leipzig)
- Dr. Martin Schymanietz (Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
The development, dissemination and application of digital technologies and the resulting data create new opportunities to design customer-oriented and sustainable offerings from products and services. Throughout the panel, different perspectives on the design of smart and sustainable solutions will be discussed. In addition to the scientific perspectives on the topics of sustainability and IT-based service systems, companies from different sectors will also make their views known. For example, the perspectives of a large international company on the topic of sustainability as well as two SMEs will be examined. These are companies from industrial manufacturing and a service company from the field of sustainable mobility, which will show the wide range of opportunities, but also the challenges. The aim is to show and discuss the complexity at the intersection of sustainability and smart by looking at the scientific and practical discussion regarding smart product-service systems and their benefits.